Saturday 31 December 2011

High Chair Re-Do

Remember this little beauty that I found at Goodwill?
It's a nice, sturdy, wooden doll high chair that was $9.99.
The closest thing I can find that's similar is one on ebay, which is $79.


Well I got it home and promptly ripped off the disgusting 30 year old fabric.
I brought it out in the yard and spray painted it my favorite Rustoleum Heirloom White.
(And can someone please tell me why I always feel mildly guilty for painting real wood?  Even if I don't like it the way it is, I still feel a little guilt about it.)

I finally got around to covering it this week when I was off on Monday.
I used a fat quarter of fabric that I already had but hadn't used.
Instead of making a pleated skirt, I just hot glued some ribbon around the edge, and I like it just as well.

Here's a close up of the fabric - I really like it.
I'm very pleased with how it came out.
I hope Katie likes it - Jack certainly has!




No comments:

Post a Comment