Monday 19 September 2011

Pancake Breakfast!

I am so excited about a fundraiser we have coming up!  On Saturday November 12, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., we will be having a pancake breakfast to raise money to bring Katie home.  We are calling it our Coins for Katie breakfast, because each table will have a sippy cup in the center.  We are so fortunate to be able to host this event at Chili's at the Avenue in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.


Tickets for this event will be $7.00 per person, which will get you a delicious pancake breakfast!  (And, if you're worried about who will be doing the cooking. . .it will be the Chili's staff..)  What do we do?  Find some waiters.  And I have the best waiters in town.  The four attorneys I work for are coming to Chili's that morning to wait tables.  And I promise you these are not people who have e.v.e.r. waited tables before in their lives.  And, of their own creation, they are having a contest to see who will earn the most tips.  The tips will obviously be donated to Coins for Katie, and the three losers will additionally donate $100.00 a piece.  Seriously, if I have failed to say it enough, the people I work with are amazing.  So fun, generous, and supportive of this process for us.  They are truly like my family, and I hope they know how much I appreciate each one of them.  Not only are my attorneys going to be my waiters, one legal assistant will be the hostess and her husband will be a bus boy.  One legal assistant who doesn't even work in our office anymore (my dear friend Jennifer, who also happens to be the only one of the bunch with experience waiting tables!) will also be a waitress.  Our newest legal assistant, who has only been in our office since September 1, has also volunteered to help and her boyfriend will be a bus boy!  Katie is going to be so lucky to have this crew when she gets here.  I know they will welcome her with open arms.  They are all working hard to get her here!  

We will also have at our pancake breakfast a silent auction and a cake sale.  (For those who don't know me in real life or follow my personal blog, I used to do professional cakes and specialty desserts. . . waiting tables I can't do.  Cakes - that I can do!)  We have had amazing silent auction items donated - things like a vacation to a Marriott Vacation Reward Club, a Totally Bowlicious gift, a Keurig machine, an incredible photography gift that deserves it's own post, goodies from Embellished Living (which also will get their own post!), a custom made cornhole set similar to this one (but not with a beer logo!), and more!


We are SO excited about this event, and would love to see lots of your faces there!  I have tickets available now, so please let me know how many you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment