Saturday 31 March 2012

F-I-V-E More Days!


It still doesn't seem possible to me that we are leaving again in five days.

Or that we have court in twelve days.  COURT people!

I'm not nervous about being in court or talking to the judge.  I'm worried that I won't be able to accurately or entirely convey to her how much we love Katie and how much we want to be her parents.  I'm worried the judge won't think we're good enough or prepared enough or something enough.  But I'm not going to spend a lot of time worrying about it.  We will do our best, and that will be all we can do.

We had to go to the mall today to get David and Henry some new shoes.  They have gone through some sneakers like nobody's business today.  And their feet have grown two (David) or three (Henry) sizes since school started.  We went to the newly reopened Opry Mills Mall.  This mall has been closed for two years since it flooded on May 3, 2010.  In some places, the water was 11 feet deep.  David brought his birthday money, and he spent. it. all. at the Lego store.  If I worked in that store, I would be an alcoholic.  David is currently sitting at the dining room table, yelling at anyone who comes near him, as he tries to build his newest purchases without interruption.  This isn't really a house in which you can do anything without interruption.  (Including go to the bathroom or change your clothes. . . but that seems to just be me.)  

The boys all got some new sneakers, and everything in the store was buy one, get one 50% off.  So we got Katie a pair of shoes also.  They are so cute!  


We will bring them with us and try them on so we know if they fit . . . Ahhhhh!  I love that we bought something she needs soon, not just something we'll need at some point.

We also went to lunch for David's birthday (what? Do birthdays not last a week at your house?) at the Rainforest Cafe.  I find their food to be mediocre, the service just OK, and the prices expensive, but the boys loved it.  


And the entertainment is hard to beat.



We were seated right in front of an aquarium, thankfully, because it kept everyone fairly occupied.


Yesterday we got a surprise package in the mail.  I LOVE getting mail!



Any guesses?




It's a package of goodies for Katie's orphanage, sent by my sweet friend Kelly.  Kelly and I worked together at the Gap about 13 years ago, and she is so thoughtful and generous to send these for us.  I know the children at Katie's orphanage will LOVE them, and the workers there will appreciate it very, very much.

Thank you Kelly!

I'm off to start packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment