Thursday 26 July 2012

Four Generations

I am originally from Massachusetts.

My parents moved here six years ago, and my sister soon followed.  

Now I have all of my people here.  

Almost.

There are still some - very few - left in Massachusetts.

And I miss them when they're not here.

They were here last week, and I hugged on them as much as I could!

Four generations
(without David who was at a sleepover)
I am so fortunate to have my mom's parents still healthy, well, and so much fun.  (My grampy had heart surgery a few weeks ago, and is doing so, so well, but could not make the trip.)  Seriously, my grammy rocks.  She loves reality television, getting a tan, and going to yard sales.  And she's gorgeous.  Her skin is fabulous, her sense of humor is wonderful, and she is an amazing woman.  I love her so much, and I love how much she loves my little people.  All of them, without hesitation or question.    

And I think it's a bit odd that my mother and I are holding our heads in exactly the same position....And how much my mom, my grammy, and I look alike.  Clearly I use a higher SPF than they do!


The other people in this photo are my mom's sister Aunt Mitzy, Mitzy's son Matthew (my only cousin, who I could not possibly love more, who I want to move to Tennessee.  Tomorrow, please.), and my uncle Robby (my mom's brother).  Mitzy is so fun and I love spending time with her.  She is so sweet to the kids, and Jack asked the entire time she was here, "Is Mitzy coming over?" or "Is Mitzy coming with us?" or "Is Mitzy going to be there?"  No matter the answer, Jack would say, "Good.  Because I love her!"  And my uncle Robby is hilarious, tells great stories, has a huge heart, and is a wonderful, kind, generous man.  

I do not take for granted what an incredible family I am lucky enough to be a part of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment