Sunday 17 February 2013

Nine Months Home!

Katie has been home for nine months now.

Nine months.

Part of me cannot believe she's been here for nine months, and part of me feels like she's been here forever.  It's hard for me to see how much she's changed, because I see her everyday.  Here are nine months of photos to show that change...I couldn't believe it when I looked at them lined up like this.

May 16, 2012

June 2012
July 17, 2012

August 25, 2012
September 2, 2012

October 31, 2012

November 19, 2012

December 8, 2012

January 2013


February 9, 2013

The changes in Katie have been so much more than just physical changes though.  She is a completely different child.  She's still spunky - that hasn't changed; however she's so much less wild, completely more trusting and very affectionate.  There is no question that she knows she is a member of our family.  She freely gives hugs and kisses.  She will come into our room and get in bed with us when she wakes up.  She wants to be held and loved on all the time.  She is so smart, working on pre-reading skills, practicing her writing, drawing shapes, identifying colors, and so much more.  She loves to read books, and she loves to go to school.  She was invited to her first birthday party by a friend at school!  She has made such incredible strides, and I am so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment