Sunday 3 February 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

We met Katie almost a year ago.  
This is what she looked like the day we met her.


And this is what she looked like last weekend.


She has grown three or four inches and has gained almost ten pounds since she came home.  
She weighs about 37 pounds.


This is what Chris and I looked like two days before we met Katie.

I remember trying to only pick the pictures that didn't make me look fat.  
Um, it's not the pictures honey.


This is what we look like today.

Chris has lost twenty pounds, and I've lost forty. 
I've lost more pounds than Katie weighs.

That's craaaazy for me to think about when I pick her up.

We've still got some more to go, but I'm so happy with our progress so far.  We are making choices that will have a lasting effect for our family, which is exactly why we wanted to do it.  

I want our children to have healthy eating and lifestyle habits, and they're not going to do that if we don't model it for them.  They can't make good choices if we're setting a terrible example.  They won't be active if we sit around all day and tell them to go play outside.

We've both had to clean out our closets and get rid of more than half of our clothes.  I never thought I'd be so excited to get rid of some pants!  (There's a very funny picture of me with my whole body in one leg of my formerly favorite black pants.  Maybe some day I'll be crazy enough to post it.)

I can't wait to see where our family is six months from now!


No comments:

Post a Comment