Sunday 18 November 2012

Giving Thanks, Day Eighteen - Chris


Today, I am thankful for my husband Chris.

I am thankful for him every day, though I don't say it enough to him.


Chris is a fantastic father to our crazy crew.

He has been since day one, despite never having held a baby until David was born.  He is patient with them, loving, affectionate, encouraging, and fun.  He teaches them how to ride bicycles, shoot guns, throw a football, pump on the swingset, 


Fly 6,000 miles three times to adopt a Russian child with Down syndrome?

Sure!  


Immediately accept that child as his own without any hesitation whatsoever?

No sweat.


To say Chris is more than willing to go along with whatever crazy business I can concoct would be an understatement.

He is my biggest supporter and biggest cheerleader.


This may shock you, so hold on.....Living with me is probably not always a big bowl of fun.  I know.  Hard to believe.  Chris has no trouble with my sometimes, um, interesting ideas.


He does not get excited about the things that make me upset.  He is so even keeled and predictable.  He is a good calming force for me.


He is smart and creative.  And don't worry, he'll be the first person to tell you that he scored higher than me on the IQ portion of our psychological testing.  


He is more than happy to paint, build, fix, hang, repair, replace, or rebuild anything at our house.  Or he at least pretends to be in a very convincing manner.


I don't tell him enough, but I hope he knows how thankful I am for him every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment