Thursday 6 October 2011

You've Got Mail!

Henry got a letter today from my friend Erin's first grade class.  I LOVE that we are partnering with her class for Coins for Katie - and the actual coins part is not why I love it so much.  Of course I am excited that they are helping us to raise money for Katie.  But, more than that, I am excited that these children are excited to help someone else.  That they can get a real understanding and appreciation for helping to change someone's life.  And that sounds so dramatic, but it's 100% true.


We got a wonderful letter from Erin's class.  I just love first grade writing!  Erin said her class was excited to send Henry a letter, and that one little boy even told her that his family was having a yard sale and that he and his brother were having a lemonade stand to raise money for Katie!  Again, I will say that the amazing generosity of people is incredible.


We are excited to send Flat Stanley and our journal to Erin's class, as well as a letter from Henry.  Our boys love getting mail, and I'm sure the friends in Erin's class do too.


And we can't wait to show Katie how hard our new friends worked to help us bring her home!



No comments:

Post a Comment