Sunday 3 June 2012

Playing Catch Up

I went back to work this week.  {Insert sad face here.}  I love my job and the people I work with, but being home with Chris and my babies was so nice.  And Chris survived his first week at home with four children!  


 Katie got a package in the mail.


She doesn't quite understand the concept of how exciting mail is, but Jack does!  He was more than happy to open it for her.


Inside was some gorgeous Matryoshka doll pillowcases from our sweet friend Sarah.  They are fabulous, and went immediately on Katie's bed.


Wednesday we went to my parents' house after work to visit with my cousin Sarah, her daughter Emmylou (aren't they gorgeous?!) and Sarah's husband Jonas.  They were in Georgia for the week and drove to visit us.  I was so happy to see them and finally meet sweet Emmy.  Sarah has a great crafty blog that you should check out.  She sews and makes the cutest things.  Katie was the recipient of one of her creations - an ADORABLE sun hat.  I LOVE it!


Jack was a little tired on the way home....


Thursday the boys had a baseball game and Katie had no nap, so I met Chris at the ball field and picked Katie up.  We came home and painted her toenails.  She had a bellyache that night, which forced us to do lots of snuggling.




She recovered quickly and the next day was back to normal.


She and Jack played outside Friday night with our neighbors.  And yes, she's in her pajamas, holding a second grade math workbook.  What?


She and Jack drove around in the gator for about an hour.  He was quite a chauffeur, and she loved just being along for the ride.  Doesn't she look healthy and different from just two weeks ago in this photo?!  The difference in such a short time is amazing to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment