Wednesday 20 June 2012

The Other 15 Days


I would estimate that 350 days out of the year, I almost forget that David is any different than any other 8 year old boy. And the other 15 days? I want to cry. Today was one of the 15. We were doing our summer speech program tonight, and one of his activities was to read a short book using his good speech sounds.  I had a Llama Llama book on my nightstand and grabbed it.  He told me that reading "Llama Llama Red Pajama" makes him feel like he wants to cry because the "boy" is scared at night and that is frightening to him. I asked him what else makes him feel like he wants to cry. He said, "When I go out for recess at school and I ask the kids in my class if I can play with them, and they all tell me no. Then I just sit by myself and wish I had someone to play with." 

That makes me want to cry too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment