Sunday 10 July 2011

Amazing Fundraiser!



We will be having an amazing fundraiser in October, and I am so excited about it!  We are forming a team of people who are registered to run in The Middle Half, which is a half marathon that will take place in October.  The people must already be registered, because the 2,500 available racing spots in the race sold out within ten days.  I'm hoping to get a team of ten people at least, and we've already got five.

Our team will be named after our sweet girl.  On Reece's Rainbow she is referred to as "Chloe", which is not her real name.  Once she's a part of our family, her name will be Kate Ruth Simpson, and will likely be called Katie or Katie Ruth.  We will also keep her current name as a middle name so we can keep a part of her heritage.  Our team name will be Run for Katie.

We will provide great team shirts for our runners, and they will be available for family and friends to purchase in support of our runners.  We will have a grand prize, a second place prize, and a third place prize, as well as goody bags and a spaghetti dinner for our team the night before.  And we have an INCREDIBLE, exceptionally generous grand prize for the person on our team who raises the most money. . . a week's accommodations at a Marriott Vacation Club resort in either Ft. Lauderdale or Orlando, Florida.  These are wonderful, first class resorts with exceptional accommodations and amenities. This fabulous prize, which was so thoughtfully donated by my parents, will be awarded to the person on our Run for Katie team who raises the most money.  I am really hopeful that we will be able to raise a lot of money for our adoption fund through this fundraiser.  I will personally challenge each team member to raise at least $1,000.00.  That could get us to $10,000.00 with just ONE fundraising event!  I may be shooting high, but anyone who knows me will tell you that once I set my mind to something, I will make it happen!

If you know anyone who is registered to run The Middle Half who may be willing to join our team, please let me know.  If you don't know anyone running but would like to support one of our runners, let me know and I will be happy to make that happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment