Sunday 19 February 2012

Six Days to Go - Packing Day!


We leave in six days!
Six days from right now, we will likely be trying to sleep, bellies full of butterflies because it will be the night before we meet our girl.  I still can't sleep on Christmas Eve because I get so excited - you think I'll sleep that night?!

Today was packing day.


Looks organized, right?!


Georgia was overseeing things from the head of the bed.


Chris had a small pile.  And if you think by looking at this that he only wears Khaki, well, you're right. We're really, really trying to pack light, and I think we've done that!  I'm so impressed with ourselves.  I am not a light packer, as a general rule.  We are putting all of our clothes in one suitcase, and all of our donations for the orphanage in another.  We plan to then use that suitcase for any souvenirs, etc. that we want to bring home.  

In addition to the toothbrushes and toothpaste I told you about here, we also had all of this donated!


Dr. Walter C. Chitwood, Jr. very generously donated nearly 200 toothbrushes and over 140 tubes of toothpaste for us to bring!


These should be so helpful for the people at Katie's orphanage.  


In case you haven't noticed, I don't want to call it an institution.  I will continue to call it an orphanage.



All of the toothpaste Dr. Chitwood sent was Kid's Crest - which happens to be the Simpson boys' favorite.


To make the most of our space, I took all of the toothbrushes out of boxes and packed them in gallon size Ziploc bags.  We got it all in one suitcase, and it weighed less than 50 pounds.  I *may or may not* have done a fist pump when I took it off the scale. . . 

What were the boys doing while I spent most of the day packing?


Jack did this.  For a long, long time.  And talked the. entire. time.


Henry spent a considerable amount of time making a Lego Katie, with a minifigure to represent everyone in our family.  We've put it "up high" so Jack can't destroy it in one fell swoop touch it.

David?  I'm pretty sure he spent the afternoon snuggled up on the couch watching Harry Potter.

Six days!



No comments:

Post a Comment