Friday 6 April 2012

Trip Two, Days One and Two

We're here!

We left Nashville bright and early on Thursday, at 6:00 a.m.  The line at security was silly long at that time of day.  


We took a bit of a circuitous route this time, which we had to do to take advantage of the generous free first leg of our trip.  We flew Nashville to Baltimore, Baltimore to New York, New York to Cincinnati, Cincinnati to Paris, and Paris to our final destination.  And we had no. missed. flights!  And our luggage made it all the way to our final destination - after the debacle we had getting here last time, I seriously felt like we won the travel lottery.


Chris spent some time perusing the SkyMall.  He seriously loves that magazine.  And no, I'm not kidding. 


This was our view on the way from Nashville to Baltimore.  Not bad!


Here's a little NYC for you.


We had the longest layover in Cincinnati.  We had some nachos and some chicken tortilla soup.  


We window shopped a little.


We saw the world's biggest plush Angry Bird.
I got a manicure, and Chris got a chair massage.


We had some ice cream.


And then we were off!


Our next stop was Paris.  The airport was very nice, and seriously had a mall inside with stores like Prada, Yves Saint Laurent, Hermes, Celine, and Salvatore Ferragamo.  Chris' funniest comment of the trip was in Paris. . . He said, "When I'm in places like this, I feel like Mater."


I love him.  Chris is many things, but high fashion is not one of them!



I was very happy to find my Coca-Cola light at the airport in Paris!

We were so, so happy to land in Katie's country!  We flew into the other airport in the city this time (there are two) and it was so much nicer, and easier to get in and out of.  I will definitely fly into this one again next time.  We got through customs in no time, picked up our bags, and we were on our way to the apartment.


This is a little tough to see, but the low building is McDonald's.  The weather is so much warmer this trip!  It was in the 40s when we got here, and lots of the snow has melted.  I didn't bring my big winter coat this time, and I'm glad, as it would have been too much.

Today we see our girl!  Our driver said he found another way to get to her city, so hopefully it doesn't take as long.  I'm just excited to see her again!


No comments:

Post a Comment