Thursday 15 September 2011

What a Week!

We have the most supportive friends!  We have received a donation every single day this week for Katie Ruth!  Today I came home to a card from Kristin, from Brighton, Massachusetts.


Kristin is another friend I met while working at the Gap.  We worked together for a number of years while Kristin was in high school and college.  She is an absolute riot - she is quick to laugh, and has a smile that touches her whole face.  She is not afraid to be goofy, is smart, sensitive, and fun.  I loved working with Kristin and getting to know her.  She is a thoughtful person, and she has a warm, wonderful family.  

And here she is with our friend Jenny!
Kristin sent us an adorable card with a sweet note - we are saving all of the cards we receive from people to share with Katie.  It is amazing to me that people like Kristin, whom I haven't seen in nearly ten years, are willing to help us raise money to bring Katie home.  I'm sure Kristin has plenty of other things to spend her money on, yet she so generously sent us a check to help us.  I know I have said this before, but we are so incredibly lucky to have such great friends.  I cannot believe the support we have gotten on our journey to Katie.  Thank you so much Kristin!

No comments:

Post a Comment